Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How Could I Forget About Utah?!

Sooo, apparently it's been longer since I've last blogged than I thought. I forgot to tell you all what we did in Utah!

We stayed with our friends Jeff and Rebecca Shores in Orem, which is a little south of Salt Lake City. We originally planned on staying with them for one night, then driving to Arches National Park, but we decided it was a much better idea to hang out with them for an extra day so we could take some time to relax.

On Saturday, we drove into Salt Lake City and looked around at two malls (yes, malls... it was so fun and entertaining). The first mall (which I can't remember the name) was the biggest mall I have ever been to! It was more like an outlet-type mall, where all the store entrances are outside. Next, we went over to the LDS Temple, which, for being a famous religious site, was extremely tourist-y. It also could have been because there were probably five or six weddings happening there as well, but there were loads of people walking around and taking photos.

After that, we went to the world's cleanest, fanciest mall: City Creek Center. Apparently, Rebecca claims she has seen its custodial staff walk around and clean up the tiniest of messes off the ground before anyone could even notice it. We got lunch in the food court, where I had the most delicious gyro from Mykonos, then we headed back to the Shores' place. Rebecca is an amazing cook, so we were pretty darn spoiled while we were there. Friday night she made us shrimp scampi, homemade biscuit and gravy for breakfast on Saturday, steak for dinner, and homemade strawberry compote to put on waffles on Sunday morning.

Even though we didn't do much, it is probably one of my favorite stops so far. It was great to just take a day to chill out, not worry about much, and site-see.

Dear Utah,
I'm sorry I forgot to blog about you before I blogged about Colorado.
Can we still be friends?

Sincerely,
Emily (and Keith)

1 comment: